Digital Marketing / Inbound Marketing
Advertising Code & Guidance
As per a few recently released advertising guidelines, non-legible disclaimers, and information in ads will be viewed as false advertising. The owners of such ads can be penalized or imprisoned as per the procedures put in place by the consumer affairs ministry. These ads will also be put out in…
Consumer statsA code to regulate advertising is necessary, especially considering the general sentiment of consumers around advertising. The following stats show consumers have little to no trust in the claims made in advertising. These regulations of advertising might act as the required turning point to enable consumers to believe the messaging presented in ads.
- Only 28 percent of consumers trust the claims made in ad campaigns.
- 23 percent of consumers have zero trust in advertisements.
- 15 percent of consumers feel ads for food products & supplements are misleading.
- 76 percent of consumers want restrictions on surrogate advertising.
- Only 3 percent of consumers have a high level of trust in print, TV, digital & other media forms.
- 25 percent of consumers have an average level of trust in ads.
- 48 percent of consumers have a low level of trust in ads.