Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Importance of “Near-Me” searches for Local SEO
It is the era of digitization and almost everyone realizes the importance of building a solid digital presence for their businesses. The focus is not only on selling online but is revolving heavily around being discovered by new markets and acquiring new customers - especially with the advent of “near…
IMPORTANCE OF “NEAR ME” SEARCHES FOR LOCAL SEO
- It aids your business in getting discovered by new customers.
- The trust of the target customer increases by seeing a well-maintained digital presence.
- Near me, search results display map stack results through which it becomes easier for the searcher to locate the store and visit.
- Optimizing local SEO for near-me searches keeps your business a cut above the competitors by enhancing your visibility in the local SERPs.
- “Near me” is a location-based result; therefore dubious SEO strategies, such as stuffing “near me” as a keyword do not really work, which gives local businesses a fair chance to rank higher in relevant searches.
- It also helps the SEO service provider in understanding the searcher’s intent and then build a set of long-tail keywords to optimize, which have increased exponentially with the advent of voice search.
Enhancing local SEO with “near me” searchesOptimize Using Schema Markup Schema Markup helps SEO professionals create brief yet informative descriptions using relevant keywords. The use of relevant keywords, with respect to local SEO, ensures that your business is connected to the pertinent searcher. Schema Markup code increases your website traffic and brand awareness by creating rich snippets. This improves your visibility in the Organic search results, “Places” tab, “Related Search” tab, and knowledge graph. Optimize For Google Images SERPs Searchers look for images, especially when searching for local businesses. Therefore, optimizing images becomes a crucial step in enhancing your visibility in the “near me” search results. By optimizing your image content, you not only rank higher in the Google Images SERPs but also in the location-based results for the searcher’s local query. Optimize For Mobile Search The majority of searchers are making “near me” searches through their mobile phones, especially with the help of voice assistants. It has increased the need to analyze and utilize long tail and semantic keywords and build content around that. In addition to that, creating specific landing pages that are mobile-friendly ensures a positive user experience. Therefore, every SEO service provider must make sure that the website is built keeping in mind the visible and navigational comfort of a visitor coming from a mobile search. Optimize For “Near Me” Search Results Optimizing the website content and building strategies that cater to the requirements of local searches helps your business rank higher in the SERPs and improves the awareness of the same in the digital space. You can optimize your website for “near me” search results by:
- Embedding maps for the location of your offline store on your website.
- Creating a location page on your website.
- Creating separate location pages if you have multiple storefronts.
- Include landmarks, directions, and wide-angle images in your location pages to get a view of the neighborhood.
- Collaborative virtual events with related businesses.
- Creating guest blogs.
- Creating content on topics trending in your local area.
- Building location-based pages with images and videos of your business.
- Building location-specific landing pages.
- Mention the hours of operation.
- Use call-to-action buttons relevant to your business.
- Upload photos and videos of your business.
- Keep your NAP i.e. Name, Address, and Phone Number updated on your profile.
- Respond to reviews in the review and rating tab.
- Answer the questions in the Question and Answer tab.
- Specify the category of business.
- Write a compelling and informative description of your business.
- Create events and posts on your profile.
- Link the Google My Business listing to your website.