Digital Marketing / Inbound Marketing
Revisiting Top Searches and Dominant Trends in 2022
Each year, Google releases its annual ‘Year in the Search list’, revealing the top trending search terms and topics of the year. This list provides an interesting insight into what the world was talking about in the past 12 months. It gives us a glimpse into the public's minds, allowing…
- The Indian Premier League (IPL) continues to be the biggest sporting sensation in the country, as it was the top trending search in 2022. With its exciting matches, glitzy opening ceremonies, and star-studded line-up, the IPL became the talk of the town. It was closely followed by Cowin, the vaccine registration portal, and the much-awaited FIFA World Cup 2022.
- The highly anticipated movies "Brahmastra: Part One" and "K.G.F.: Chapter 2" have been trending the most as fans eagerly await their release. With both movies boasting an all-star cast, as well as stunning visual effects and an intriguing plot, viewers couldn’t seem to wait to see them. It's no wonder these two movies are the talk of the town!
- Agneepath Scheme has become one of the most searched topics on Google in the 'What is' segment, topping the list and being followed by NATO, NFT and PFI. By offering pan-India merit-based recruitment, the Agneepath scheme serves as a unique opportunity for the Indian youth to realize their desire to enlist in the military and defend the country.
- People around the world have been actively searching online for information on how to download their COVID vaccination certificate and PTRC challan. With the current pandemic, it's no surprise that this has been a top search, as it's an important step in keeping everyone safe and healthy.
- B.J.P. spokeswoman Nupur Sharma, who has since been suspended, was the most googled person in India in 2022. Droupadi Murmu, the president of India, was followed by Lalit Modi and the new prime minister of the United Kingdom, Rishi Sunak.
- The world was shocked by the passing of legendary Indian singer Lata Mangeshkar and the rising Indian rapper Sidhu Moose Wala. The news of their deaths was one of the most searched topics on the internet, followed by the recent war between Russia and Ukraine. It was a sad reminder of the fragility of life and the importance of cherishing every moment.
- Google has identified the word game Wordle as their top search in 2022.
- The T20 World Cup semi-final between India and England had the second-most Google searches in 2022.
- Due to the ongoing conflict, news about Ukraine received the highest number of searches.
- The other top searches in the people, sports, and news categories included Queen Elizabeth, India Premier League, India vs SA, World Cup, India vs West Indies, iPhone 14, and Jeffrey Dahmer.