Roadies Season 18 – Soaring audience engagement via social media strategies
Roadies is one of the most engaging and biggest shows on MTV with a total of 18 seasons so far. With a new host and astounding concept, the latest installation of the youth-based reality show was different from the last 17 seasons. The season was being held in South Africa, and was called “Roadies – Journey in South Africa”. It comprised 10 Ex Roadies and 10 New Roadies who played like a buddy pair to win the season. #ARM Worldwide and MTV joined hands to heavily promote MTV Roadies – Journey in South Africa on social media and engage with a wider audience base. MTV Roadies is a show that has a huge fan base, not just to watch the show but also on digital platforms because of the exclusive content and digital-led ideas. Keeping in mind the fan craze for the show, #ARM Worldwide team decided to think out-of-the-box for the client to drive maximum engagement and create a huge buzz on digital platforms.
ChallengesThe social media and content marketing team at #ARM Worldwide identified two major challenges while planning the campaign.
- Creating a unique buzz on social media platforms given that previous seasons had set expectations at par.
- Driving maximum engagement on social media to make the concluding season a superhit show.
Strategies devisedWe, at #ARM Worldwide, approached the challenges with four-pronged strategies:
- Creating an AR filter to engage audiences on digital platforms.
- Creating different content buckets to interact with the audience and leveraging the right platform.
- Organizing a digital show for Roadies digital host – All Access Star.
- The promising face to host the season and at the same time a personality to resonate with the audience.