Technology evolves at a very fast pace, which is why it can often get challenging to keep up with the daily trends and developments in the digital scenario. Read this article and get a quick round up about the new trends that happened this week.
Roll out of direct message on Instagram through desktop
- We will now be able to access Instagram DMs on our web screens.
- Only a small number of users will be given access, because the feature is still in its experimental stage.
- Facebook intends to connect the messaging system by creating a coordinated service for all.
Apple’s Chinese New Year ad
- The ad focuses on the three generations of women in a family. It is shot with Apple’s 4K technology on iphone 11 Pro.
- The story is called “Daughter” and is inspired by a woman who went against cultural norms to raise her daughter.
- Apple has also launched a behind the scenes video to teach professional quality film video making.
- Breaking typography rules: This should be done in a way that it does not hurt text readability.
- Liquid animation- An animation that seems water-like and has the perfect speed of movement.
- Audio user experiences: using sound to enhance the quality of the user journeys. It is best used in designs where there is a language barrier.
Google ad simulator support
- Bid simulators are essential for comprehending the performance of ads at different levels.
- Google Ads have introduced a new simulator, the Target ROAS bid simulator. It reflects on the relationship between a ROAS target and your key metrics.
- The projected impact will be based on the auctioned data from the past seven days.
Platforms taking a step towards combating misinformation
- Tiktok is actively working on a new feature which will pull out deep fakes from its app.
- Tumblr has announced an initiative to teach users about suspicious web activity. The program is called “World Wide What”.
- Reddit updates its policy on impersonation, which includes malicious deep fakes of politicians.