This Week #InDigital
Extend your digital success by staying on top of all the significant trends that can make a difference in your next strategy. Regardless of which platform you use, it is crucial to target your audience with updated measures and strategies.
Here’s the digital week in a review.
Voice technology, 5G and niche communities
- Voice technology for conversational AI is all set to evolve and take up the digital space.
- 5G is expected to bring advancement in the world of entertainment, which will set forth a ground for brands and users to engage more.
- Dirty Lemon, Glossier and Taco Bell are ranked as the three most significant online communities by Zyper, a peer-to-peer marketing platform.
Trends in SEO
- Zero click searches are gaining prominence in 2020, which is why featured snippets are expected to rise.
- E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trustworthiness) score will continue to matter when it comes to SEO ranking.
- Use schema markup to highlight the elements on your site with various ‘tags’, thus telling search engines what these elements are.
Snapchat’s deal with NBC
- The deal with Snapchat will provide NBC an access to younger audience, while Snapchat will get a chance to entertain its audience with exclusive content.
- The 2020 Olympics partnerships includes 4 Snapchat programmes which are originally produced by NBC.
- Two of the shows will be showcased in real time, while NBC plans to produce more than 70 episodes for Snapchat.
Authenticity over ideal deception of self through Instagram filters
- The AR improvements have resulted in a reduction of likes because people are more inclined towards authentic content.
- Adding filters on Instagram stories has also shown a negative impact on an individual’s confidence.
- Instagram is expected to roll out a filter to block the posting of highly edited images.
Tiktok overtakes Facebook
- Tiktok and its Chinese alternative Douyin gathered 740 million downloads last year and now becomes the second most downloaded app after Whatsapp.
- Short video content came in the trend because of Tik Tok.
- The only restrictions faced by this platform is monetization challenges and resistance shown by US lawmakers over privacy and security issues.
Emoji reactions for DMs on Twitter
- A user can now share a simple emoji response to any message within a thread on Twitter.
- To add a reaction, one needs to double tap on the message and pick an emoji from the pop-up. The feature also has an undo option via which the message can be deleted.
- This feature will help Twitter increase the engagement level and make the conversations interactive.
Methods to work on B2B campaigns
- This year B2B strategies should have more user-generated content because it has more influence on the buying decision of the consumers than email campaigns and search engines results.
- Industry influencer marketers are more likely to increase returns than traditional forms of marketing.
- 71% of the consumers are interested to be a part of loyalty programs that offer discounts or free products.
Subscribe to #ARM Newsletter
Get latest news, tips and trends in the Digital space at your inbox