Affiliate industry landscape by Hina Mittal Nayar, CEO, ProfiliAd
MainAd, an international Retargeting company headquartered at Italy, ventured into the Indian affiliate market with ProfiliAd. Profiliad is an affiliate marketing network in a technological partnership with Infospica to innovate and develop technological solutions for their target audience.
Hina Mittal Nayar, CEO ProfiliAd carries industry experience of over a decade and sets on her first entrepreneurial stint with Profiliad. The leadership team consists of industry stalwarts Marco Cotumaccio and Marino Gualano of MainAd, Hina Mittal Nayar and Sumit Nayar.
Sumit with an experience of 15 years brings to the table his expertise from diverse industries with a focus on market research.
Digital Marketing industry in India
Digital Marketing industry in India is one of the fastest growing industry with a growth rate of 40%. It is one of the most powerful and result-oriented marketing industry on the global map. Government’s ‘Digital India’ campaign signals at the changing trend in India.
The change is propelled by the rising technology savvy young generation, and companies are developing their ways to engage with their target audience via digital media. The penetration of internet across the country has led to the booming of the e-commerce industry.
According, to studies 2017, India will have around 600 million internet users that ultimately create a fascinating business opportunity to sell services and products to a growing population of tech-savvy internet users.
Digital Marketing Agency offers a wide array of benefits like cost-effectiveness, instant response, convenience, increased reach, etc. it is getting more and more used by the marketers. Out of 100 million Indians accessing the internet from mobile devices in 2010, the number has increased to around 300 million at the end of 2014.
It is expected to grow up to 600 million internet users surfing via mobile devices by 2020. Currently, mobile is becoming the most valuable demographic tool for marketers.
Industry pain points that Profiliad is trying to solve with its services
As the digital marketing industry is not a full-grown segment, it is battling a series of safety and security concerns. With the might of technology, it also becomes important to restraint it’s power. Some of the areas we are focusing on developing technological solutions are-
- Fraudulent Activities: Profiliad is in the process of building the technology to track the fraudulent activities, thus minimising the fraud.
- Tracking Concerns: Profiliad is working closely with their technology partners to come up with the customised technological solutions to counter the tracking concerns.
- Targeting incapabilities: Profiliad has established an internal QA function which keenly observes and analyses the output based on an in-depth algorithm. This enables us to maintain the targeting standards as required by the clients.
Role of Ad Tech in Digital Marketing
Ad Tech is a forum where today’s leading marketers go to learn from their peers and to get hands – on with the latest marketing and advertising innovations. It is the place where the marketing pioneers, innovators, and brand trailblazers all converge to unravel experiences and discover new ways of thinking.
It provides an unparalleled networking and business matching opportunity. The objective is to discuss the important issues which call for attention in digital marketing like fraud, tracking, programmatic buying, viewability and measuring digital media.
This conference gets unbiased, actionable advice on the trends, tools, technologies and techniques you need to master your craft.
New industry developments that will drive efficiency & scale for brands
- Influencer Marketing: Influencer marketing has been a game changer in the industry. The year 2016 has been a good year regarding growth for Influencer marketing, and this trend is expected to continue in 2017. Influencer marketing will become a regular part of the Social, and Video digital ad spends of marketing strategies in the coming years. There has been a fall in the number of business houses who didn’t include influencer marketing from 85% in 2015 to 57% in 2016 and is expected to further go down to 50% in 2017.
- Digital Payments: Demonetization has impacted digital marketing industry in a positive manner. People have resorted to cashless transactions which have tremendously boosted the use of mobile wallets to make transactions and the transactions on e-commerce websites & apps. Unified payments interface (UPI) will also be a game changer.
- Usage of Smart Phones: In the current scenario, it has been noticed that 60% of the traffic on the websites is through smartphones and thus amounts to 45% of the sales being generated through mobile. This trend is expected to increase in 2017 as usage of smartphones will continue to grow.