Digital Transformation Through E-Commerce
Transforming e-commerce Thirty years ago, if someone said they are opening a business, it was natural to assume that they will either purchase or rent a space, set up phone service, rent some computers, and work on attracting customers. The internet changed all that, though, and now one doesn't even…
Transforming e-commerceThirty years ago, if someone said they are opening a business, it was natural to assume that they will either purchase or rent a space, set up phone service, rent some computers, and work on attracting customers. The internet changed all that, though, and now one doesn't even have to leave their couch to start a business. Also, if one has an office space, an online presence is much essential nowadays as that makes it easy for customers to get information about the business or place orders. However, just having an e-commerce platform isn't enough anymore. Nowadays, it is imperative for companies to double-down on digital transformation & focus on new customer experiences. Talking about e-commerce in India, the country has the second-largest Internet base, with the number of Internet users exceeding 450 million. Of these, around 70 million people are estimated to have online experience currently, which makes them comfortable with engaging in e-commerce. As more people join the Internet economy, the E-commerce market size is predicted to surpass 200 billion USD by 2022. Digital transformation is changing the way a business interacts with its customers and how they provide their customers with a consistent experience whenever and wherever they need it. Let's look at some of the e-commerce trends: E-Trends Alert
- As consumers are digitally engaging with brands more and more, this will bring a different set of expectations & opportunities to build trust and relevance.
- AI tools such as recommendation engines & hyper-personalisation to visual search will be used to generate leads on e-commerce sites.
- Consumers will turn to marketplaces for purchases as they offer an attractive assortment, competitive & ease of purchasing through a trusted facilitator.
- One of the critical cornerstones of the upskilling and reskilling process is to keep up with the pace of digital transformation and stay ahead of the curve.
- Converting 'panic into productive & proactive'. For instance, we at #ARM Worldwide took the opportunity of lockdown to adapt to the normal by upskilling with over 400 certifications across modules.
- Brands should prepare themselves and their employees for the future by providing innovation-driven solutions through learnings from Amazon AMS, IBM Design Thinking, Google AdWords & Analytics certifications.
- Redesign the brand's thinking & strategies at a user-centric level to match the changing consumer behaviour. Keep in mind that learning and self-improvement is a continuous process and must be followed on a daily basis.