The CMO’s Guide to Better Team Collaboration
When working on a task, an individual often needs the input of other employees. Team collaboration is the input which can do wonders if used wisely, as it combines the efforts of the team members towards the achievement of a particular goal. Thanks to the dynamic technology which has…
Unity lies in Team collaboration.When the first Homosapien started doodling inside its cave, he probably had a team, suggesting that he hold the brush in a peculiar way, mix the paints in a different manner, and perhaps add animals to the painting. The majority of people find conversations with peers to be an inestimable way to polish ideas. In today’s digital age, collaboration is achieved via the digital workplace. Collaboration on Digital workplace saves time, energy. Various forms of tools used to communicate are mentioned below:
- Instant messaging
- Team workspaces
- Brainstorming: when a team sits down to discuss on a topic, they contemplate on a topic and this leads to numerous ideas coming on the table from people having different perspectives.
- Motivates members: equal contribution of ideas encourages and motivates the team members and they feel associated with the company.
- Fosters creativity: team alliance opens gates for imagination, as creative people can effortlessly overcome any hurdle.
- Feeling of belongingness: coherent clusters makes each and every individual feel at home. A company can only achieve its objective if it works together and involves everybody in the decision-making process.
- Solves problem faster: no individual is equipped to handle every situation. This is where groups play their part, different individuals come together and find alternatives to overcome the problem.
- Scale: there is an old saying “two heads are better than one”. The team consists of people from different backgrounds, experiences, talents which can be used to attain company’s goals.
- Documents sharing: with the advanced technology, documents can be easily shared on various platforms available online like google drive, drop box and much more.
- Video conferencing: small and large organizations are using video conferencing for webinars, conferences, board meetings and more.
- Synergy: team collaboration promotes synergy as good synergy makes an effective team.
- Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
- Measurable (meaningful, motivating).
- Achievable (agreed, attainable).
- Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based).
- Time bound (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive).