Top 10 Cool Features of Magento E-commerce Website Development Platform
A Shopping cart software is a particular class of software designed for e-commerce. The main purpose of an online shopping cart is to enable users to accept payments, track orders, guide checkouts, manage catalogue, and calculate products and shipping costs. A well-designed eCommerce development platform is capable of storing customer data and is also mobile friendly.
If your business sells products and services online, then you will need open-source shopping cart software such as Shopify and Bigcommerce, but if you want software that can be installed on your own server – there is no better choice than Magento.
What is Magento?
Owned by retail water-ox eBay, Magento is the leading eCommerce development company offering free open-source eCommerce solution for online retail stores.
If you are one with professional web development experience, Magento will truly be a worthwhile eCommerce solution. Because it is open-source software, you are free to use and edit as per your business suitability. With Magento come numerous customization options such as plugins and extensions, which can be obtained from either third-party developers or from massive Magento community.
This eCommerce development platform is also capable of driving maximum user engagement, generate more sales and increase the conversion rates.
The main selling point of Magento is its features, which includes everything from marketing to SEO and customer segmentation.
Features of Magento Ecommerce Website Development Platform
Magento features are comprehensive and you are likely to find every feature you need to build and run your online store. Here are top 10 cool features of Magento Ecommerce Website Development Platform
#1. Catalog Management
Whether you are selling beauty products, electronics, clothing, or accessories – your catalog is the key component for the online shop. And Magento undoubtedly offers extensive catalog management features including –
- Supports virtual products
- Allows downloading digital products – music, videos, etc
- Effortlessly edit and delete product reviews
- Complete inventory management
- Import and export products for batch update offline.
- Attribute sets for quick product creation of different item types
- Highly customizable options such as resizing and watermarking
- RSS Feeds and lots more
#2. Tools for Advertising and Marketing
Magento not only handles your online store effortlessly but also helps you with promotion, marketing, and conversion. It offers numerous tools to make your advertising easier. These tools include –
- Cross-sell products
- Promotional pricing restricted to selected products or categories
- Option to distribute coupon codes across email, newsletter and offline.
- Monitor coupon usage, manage newsletters and polls
- Offers free shipping and promote new products list.
- Allows price variation based on quantity and groups
- Landing page tools for PPC, new product promotional tools, URL tools, and more
#3. Fully SEO Centred
Magento features include a list of options to make search engine optimization smoothly for your online store/website. Magento SEO features –
- Generates Google Sitemaps
- Automatically sort popular searches and modifies
- Supports Search Engine Friendly URLs
- Easy to Meta-tag products and information
- Faster loading options such as less usage of minimizes .css and .js files
#4. Mobile Friendly Commerce
This is one of the coolest Magento features, wherein it allows browsing full site store catalogue or selected products particularly personalized for mobile users.
- Mobile HTML5 technology for creating online mobile friendly storefront
- Open for iPhone, Android, and Mobile Opera browsers
- Clear and user-friendly product display
- Supports media files such as audio and video
- Swipe, zoom, and multi-touch
- Drag and drop and more
#5. Order Management
Magento eCommerce development platform offers unparallel order management system. Users have lot options including –
- Viewing, creating, editing and fulfilling orders directly from admin panel
- Complete Call center support product configuration and change
- Allows creating one or more invoices, shipments and credit memos per orders
- Helps to print invoices, packing slips and shipping labels
- Email notification, RSS feed for fresh orders and more
#6. Complete Site Management
Magento being a great eCommerce web design company understands the importance of complete site management. In fact, it allows users to control multiple website and store within a single installation.
- Control sites from admin panel and share only required information
- Templates with fully customizable design
- Multiple language options and currencies
- Integration between Magento and third-party apps
- Tax rates based on location, product type, and group
- Captcha enabled websites and more
#7. Checkout, Shipping, and Payment
Shipping and payment are the biggest concern for users when choosing the best platform for the shopping cart. Magento brilliantly incorporates a plethora of alternatives for payment and shipping options.
- One-page checkout
- Ship to multiple orders in one order
- Complete SSL security support for front-end/back-end orders
- Estimates for shopping cart tax and shipping costs
- Integration with Paypal and Authorize.net
- Flat rate shipping, Free Shipping and Order tracking and more
#8. User Account
It’s pretty easy to manage user account with lots of capabilities and options.
- Simple to understand account dashboard
- Recent orders, history, and status
- Store unlimited address
- Save wish list with comments
- Newsletter subscription management
#9. Customer Service and International Support
Magento eCommerce development platform comprises of great back-end tools and community for customer support.
- Contact Us form
- Support for local and international currencies and tax rates
- Order tracking, history, and email updates
- Option for International site registration, shipping destination, and payment
- EU cookie notification and more
#10. Tracking, Analytics, and Reporting
Magento features include numerous options for tracking, analyzing and reporting.
- Google Analytics
- Sales and tax reports
- Abandoned shopping cart and low stock report
- Total sales and refunded invoice
- Product review report and more
If you don’t mind doing little web development for setting up the shopping cart, then you will find Magento as a wealth of features and capabilities. Download the free Magento version and see how it works!
Subscribe to #ARM Newsletter
Get latest news, tips and trends in the Digital space at your inbox