We are in the Business of Creating History!
As a community of marketing professionals, all of us are working to create something new, something which can deliver magic for the brand and many of us have been creators, enablers and or spectators of some of most astonishing successes. The conventional wisdom says, everyone isn’t equally smart, doesn’t get equal opportunity, right place right time, etc. – therefore only few are successful and rest are participants or spectators, not creators.
Even if the above said is true, core difference lies in the hunger one has over other, hunger to succeed, hunger to achieve something, hunger to be something; not everyone has written a plan for them or have clarity of vision, it’s about the hunger.
I as an entrepreneur and #ARM Worldwide as an entity is about to complete 3 years in July and in these 3 years we have done many things to keep the zeal going – zeal of a startup, startup mindset, startup hunger, startup instinct. One of the biggest inspirations for us as well has been Steve Jobs and his meaning for ‘Stay Hungry Stay Foolish’.
We did many things differently and our latest one was an Intrapreneurship program, a first batch of 20 out of 52 of us.
According to Wikipedia,
Intrapreneurship is the act of behaving like an entrepreneur while working within a large organization. Intrapreneurship is known as the practice of a corporate management style that integrates risk-taking and innovation approaches, as well as the reward and motivational techniques, that are more traditionally thought of as being the province of entrepreneurship.
The definition says it all; we want to increase the risk-taking appetite of people working within the organization, we want them to be hungry, hungry for taking risks, hungry of creating new means, new ways, hungry for creating history!
5 things to start with: a quick guide to our brain:
There is no right or wrong way and there are multiple ways of looking at everything, either follow & improvise or else write your own way & improvise.
- Vision (Occipital Lobe) – Have a vision and own it, to start with, have a vision for the division you are working for and ensure to share it with all related.
- Trend Mapping (Parietal Lobe) – Entrepreneurs understand and also are also looking out for trends, to be ahead of the curve.
- Processes (Frontal Lobe) – Following a process, which is designed by someone in the organization vs, working to ensure that is being followed by all and there is a constant effort of helping it improve.
- Analytics & Creativity (Frontal Lobe) – Lower part of our brain is all about reflexes & response, the middle is all about emotions and the top brain is divided into two half – analytics & creative.
- People (Temporal Lobe & Brain Stem) – Be human, have fun & ensure that the journey is same for everyone around.
- Prioritization (Cerebellum) – We all are jugglers, one just needs to get better at juggling while adding more & more pins of different shapes, sizes & weights.
Image Source – upmc.com
Subscribe to #ARM Newsletter
Get latest news, tips and trends in the Digital space at your inbox