HOW SAFE ARE VACCINES?
In the backdrop of reports questioning the safety of the vaccines, the DCGI has said both Covishield and Covaxin are safe Covid-19 vaccines. DCGI VG Somani categorically said, “BOTH vaccines are 110 percent safe. Some side effects like mild fever, pain, and allergy are common for every vaccine. We will never approve anything if there is the slightest of safety concerns, Somani said.”
YES! Now go and get that shot.
SIDE-EFFECTS AND TOLERANCE
Much like other vaccines in the offering, both Covaxin and Covishield carry reactogenic side effects. Most side effects are on the milder side- pain at the injection site, tenderness, fever, chills, nausea. Headache, abdominal pain, dizziness, tremors could also be seen in a few cases.
But heyy NO PAIN, NO GAIN. Or you can just ask your doctor for some meds.
When can kids get their vaccine shots?
The immune system in children could vary greatly depending on age. A 6-year-old will have a very different immunity than a 16-year-old. Medical trials for vaccines involving children usually undergo stricter protocols than involving adults. Some pharma companies have already started trials for these vaccines and we will soon have them.
NOW, WHO SHOULDN’T TAKE THE VACCINE?
Yes, the vaccine is SAFE! But there are scenarios where it is advised by the manufacturers or the doctors to not take a particular vaccine. So read this and make sure you take the right vaccine at the right time.
HOW TO BOOK YOUR VACCINE SLOT?
It’s pretty easy and convenient to register for your covid vaccine slot. Just head over to cowin.gov.in and book slots for yourself and your beneficiaries – follow the instructions:
- Head over to the CoWIN website, and click on the option to register/sign in yourself.
- Put your mobile number and submit to get an OTP. On receiving the OTP, input it to verify.
- Now you can register four people for vaccination. Now, insert all the details — your name, gender, year of birth, and photo ID proof, and then click on register.
- Upon registering you will get the option to schedule an appointment. Next to the registered person’s name click on the option of schedule.
- Insert your pin code and it will display all the centers where vaccination is on in the pin code area inserted by you.
- You can then select the center, date, and time of vaccination and click to confirm. This way you can register yourself and your beneficiaries for the vaccination.
There’s also a way to register using Aarogya Setu:
- Open the Aarogya Setu app and click on the CoWIN tab.
- Select the vaccination registration, and input your phone number, and submit to get an OTP.
- Insert the OTP and verify. This will navigate you to the page where registration for vaccination can be done.
- Follow the same steps as mentioned above for registering on the CoWIN platform.
SOME CHEATS TO GET YOUR VACCINE SOONER
Now due to a surge in covid vaccine appointments, you might not be able to find a slot according to your preferences but there’s a way around that –
- you can CLICK HERE to go to the website and put in your pin code, choose your area where you want to find a slot, and when next time a slot is open you will be notified on the mail or WhatsApp about the slot.
- Some more websites like these are GetJab and Under45, which provide district-wise updates on vacant vaccine slots via mail and telegram channels.
- You can also join telegram channels that might help you look for slots.
- Paytm has also integrated a vaccine finder in its mobile application.
- Vaccine slots are usually added between 6 PM and 11 PM every day. It is advised to keep a tab on the CoWin portal during that time.
Now, this also needs to be done fast as a lot of people might still be trying to book the same slot. So you might have to be the fastest finger first. But you will get vaccinated so keep trying.