The latest week brings about a host of digital developments. Here are the latest trends in the digital world that are worth knowing about.
The useful nature of content marketing – Honey Singh
- Content marketing is evolving as marketers’ go-to strategy.
- It has been producing sizeable results for companies, primarily by increasing awareness, driving engagement and generating leads through various content marketing activities.
- Content marketing is a strategy to create, curate and amplifies content for building advocacy and thought leadership which can directly result in achieving business and marketing objectives by influencing a set target audience.
- To measure the effectiveness of your content marketing campaign, you can always analyze the SEO results.
Google test surfaces user data in DoubleClick for Publishers
- Several new initiatives by Google are aimed at bringing machine learning into publisher products and offering solutions for driving subscriptions.
- Google executives laid out several new initiatives aimed at extending a helping hand to publishers across multiple aspects of their businesses.
- Among the announcements was the launch of a new effort to share user data with publishers and introduce more machine learning into Google’s publisher products.
- The new Insights Engine Project is an ongoing effort and commitment to bring machine learning into Google’s products for publishers.
Facebook attaching publisher info from Wikipedia to relevant article links
- Facebook is continuing its efforts to give people more context about what they read on the social network as part of an attempt to stem the spread of fake news.
- Facebook will add context to article links appearing in people’s news feeds by attaching information about the publisher that’s pulled from sources like the publisher’s Wikipedia page.
- The Wikipedia-sourced publisher description will only appear when one is available. That will also be the case with other information that Facebook may use to augment an article.
- If there are related articles available for a given article, then Facebook will include those as well.
The efforts of Snapchat’s new Snap Accelerate program
- Snapchat’s program aims to win over mobile startups looking to acquire new users – the same type of advertiser that helped newly public Facebook overcome its ad problems.
- The program will help mobile startups to advertise on Snapchat by offering them benefits including early access to new ad products as well as credits that can be used to buy ads.
- The company will not hold participating startups to its usual spending requirements, such as a commitment to spend a certain amount on Snapchat ads over a certain period of time.
- Snap Accelerate is the latest example this year of Snapchat trying to lower the barrier to entry for advertisers and attain must-buy status.