This Week in Digital – The Rising Importance of Inbound Marketing for SMEs & Startups, ‘Snap Publisher’ released by Snapchat, Amazon releases ‘Amazon Spark,’ and Google’s new #OnGoogleMaps ad campaign
Another week, another round of digital trends and news. Here are the major developments in the digital world that have happened this week:
- Marketers are finally realizing the importance of Inbound Marketing.
- Empowers potential customers by creating content that people volunteer to utilize.
- Focuses on nurturing leads by gathering relevant information and gain insight into consumer needs.
- Can be used by marketers to create meaningful content for different buyer persona accordingly.
- Hubspot is a Marketing Automation tool that leverages Inbound Marketing to bridge the gap between Sales and Marketing and increase the overall efficiency of the company.
#2. Snapchat releases unique ad creation tool called Snap Publisher
- Advertisers need to create ads from scratch in order to facilitate the vertical nature of Snapchat.
- To mitigate this issue, Snapchat released a browser-based ad creation tool that can be used to create vertical snap-based ads.
- It enables advertisers to automatically turn any photo or video – including the horizontal kind – into a vertical video ad.
- It also has an option for brands to pull photos and videos from their websites.
#3. Amazon releases new social feed called ‘Amazon Spark’
- Amazon Spark is a rather Instagram-like service to facilitate an effective social shopping feed.
- The objective is to create social engagement on the Amazon app that will lead directly to product purchases.
- Users are asked to identify topics of interest from an extensive list.
- This list extends beyond product categories to various lifestyle areas and interests as well.
#4. Google launches new ad campaign i.e #OnGoogleMaps
- Google has quietly begun an ad campaign promoting its Maps feature, by using lesser-known figures and celebrities.
- Ads on Maps are meant for businesses that want to be more visible when consumers perform searches online.
- Advertisers can also place a brand logo on Maps or offer in-store promotions.