This Week in Digital – #ARM Worldwide Partnering with HubSpot, Online Holiday Sales Reaching $129 Billion, Instagram Hits 2 Million Monthly Advertisers and Vimeo Ventures Into Live-Streaming
The digital world is constantly on the move, and this week has seen a ton of changes. Here are some of the most prominent ones.
#ARM Worldwide has partnered with HubSpot
- #ARM Worldwide announced today that it has partnered with HubSpot to strengthen their partner base in Southeast Asia.
- This partnership is aimed to create a well-structured space where inbound marketing automation can thrive further for business.
- HubSpot enables organisations to optimise resources on digital platforms, providing a feature to integrate with various marketing tools to assimilate a company’s data on a single platform and achieve higher lead generation/ROI.
Online holiday sales are up 12% over 2016
- According to recent reports from Forrester Research Inc., two out of five consumers will spend more this holiday season than they did last year.
- The total number of online holiday shoppers will increase 3 percent compared to last year, with consumers spending an average of $689 online — up 8 percent over 2016.
- This upward swing in online holiday shoppers and the amount of money they plan to spend will deliver a 12 percent year-over-year increase in online holiday retail sales.
- While not as big a jump as what happened between 2015 and 2016 (11 percent to 14 percent), it still represents a double-digit increase for holiday e-commerce sales.
Instagram has reached a total of 2 million monthly advertisers
- Instagram crossed the 1-million-advertiser mark in March and is closing the gap on Facebook’s 5 million.
- For the second time in the past year, Instagram’s advertiser base has doubled in six months.
- Of course, Instagram’s adoption among advertisers is helped by Facebook’s popularity (its parent company).
- Two years ago, Facebook enabled brands to buy ads on Instagram through the same self-serve ad-buying tools they used to buy ads on Facebook. As a result, many Facebook advertisers have also become Instagram advertisers with the click of a button.
Vimeo launches its first live-streaming product, Vimeo Live
- Vimeo – the video platformed owned by IAC – announced yesterday that it is acquiring Livestream and has launched its first-ever live video product, Vimeo Live.
- With the acquisition of Livestream, Vimeo says creators will be able to capture, edit, stream and archive live events, in addition to hosting, distributing and monetizing video content.
- Founded in 2007, Livestream offers both a platform to broadcast and production tools for live video content.